Reserve your place at our upcoming Golf Day
21st of September at the Gordonvale Golf Club
Friends of Freshwater Christian College are invited to join us at Gordonvale Golf Club for a fun-filled day raising money for King of Kings School in Mozambique. Whether you are a seasoned pro or have never swung a golf club all are welcome to get involved!
Come and join in on the fun you may even win a prize!
General Competition Entry $45
General Competition Entry (inc motorized cart) $65
Prize Pool Includes
Six Month Gym Membership – Genesis Health & Fitness Redlynch
3 x Prize Packs – Little Tucker Box
2.5KW Daikin Split System (Cool Only) – Alpha Cool
2 x Indoor Digital Golf Experience Vouchers for 2 players, 2hr session – X-Golf DFO
2 x Golf gloves – Golf world Cairns
2 x Golf Entry vouchers – Cairns Golf Club
1 x 1 Adult, 1 Child Entry – Rainforestation
1 x 12 months Executive Safe Deposit Box rental RRP $500 – Valour Security Pty Ltd
Gordonvale Golf Club
George St, Gordonvale, QLD 4865
Raising funds for King of Kings School in Mozambique
Mission Educate is an Australian Christian aid organisation working to see transformation and hope in the lives of people in developing nations. At Freshwater Christian College we are proud to support Mission Educates work at King of Kings School in Mozambique. Funds raised at this Golf Day will go directly to Mission Educate for the King of Kings School project.
Your support affects the lives of real children and their families. They are so grateful to learn that there are people in other countries who have an interest in their welfare. Mozambique continues to face significant challenges with over 1 million children unable to access education and almost half of the population unable to read. With your help, Mission Educate continues to face these challenges, one life at a time.
Want to be a sponsor?
Sponsorship opportunities exist currently for this event giving businesses the platform to market their organisation, goods and services to our local community while supporting a worthy cause. We have three sponsorship packages available.
Gold, Silver, and Bronze Sponsorship options are available:
• Gold Level Sponsorship in the amount of $300 includes:
Sponsoring of a hole with your logo advertised on signage (option to provide additional own signage also)
Entry for two people
Recognition on social media and on the day of event
Certificate of Appreciation
• Silver Level Sponsorship in the amount of $150 includes:
Sponsorship of a hole with your logo advertised on signage (option to provide own signage also)
Recognition on the day of event
Certificate of Appreciation
• Bronze Level Sponsorship in the amount of $50 includes:
Sponsorship of a hole (will need to provide own signage suitable for Golf course)
Certificate of Appreciation
We welcome other donations as well. If you would like some ideas on the types of items and services to
donate and we can discuss a variety of options.
– Sponsor the catering or contribute food items
– Sponsor the Trophies
Golf Day Terms and Conditions
Competitions shall be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as adopted by the Royal and Ancient Club of St Andrews Scotland, subject to the modifications hereafter, together with such local rules as are in force on the course over which the competition takes place.
- Players to report to the starter at least 20 minutes prior to the designated tee
- Players whose handicap increases beyond the limit after the closing date of competition must use their revised handicap.
- In the event of a cancellation, the field may be moved up at the discretion of the Match Committee.
- Entry fees are forfeited and non-transferable once the draw has been finalised. A $10 administration fee applies to all refunds.
- Motorised carts may be used. Players with current Medical conditions will be given priority.
- In the event of a cancellation, please notify Event Co-ordinator– Nathan Mackenzie Ph 0466480102 Macca2585@gmail.com or Freshwater Christian College 07 4243 3600.
- Distance Measuring Devices may be used during the competition. The device must measure distance only; it must not measure any other conditions such as wind speed or direction, the slope of the ground or the temperature. The penalty for use of such a device is a disqualification.
- A full copy of the “Conditions of the Competition” is available from the Match Office.
- Gordonvale golf course is a licenced premise. No BYO alcohol.
- A valid handicap is to be provided, however, for social players a handicap will be determined by the match committee as required.
2 Ball Ambrose Format
Groups of two players work as a team. Each player hits off the tee, the best shot is selected and all other players pick up their ball and place it, within one card length, alongside the best ball. Each person then hits a second shot from the same spot. The best shot is again selected. This continues until the ball is in the hole. On the putting green the best ball is marked and the other balls are played from this position.
One score is thus recorded on each hole.
Handicaps P1 + P2 /4 = daily handicap
e.g: P1 (H:10) + P2 (H:24) =34 /4 = 8.5 event handicap.
4x Drives from each player must be used to qualify. Marked by players initials on the scorecard by the opposing team scorer.
- If your best ball is played from within a hazard then each of the player’s balls must be played from within that hazard.
Nearest the Pins 5th & 12th
Longest drive 15th.